Friday, August 31, 2007

A boy accident

When I became the mother to a boy, I was a little worried about "boy accidents". Now, this has nothing to do with the different "parts" I had to learn to deal with. A boy accident is when a boy is just being a boy, and something breaks.

Well, I've had my first boy accident.

Micah love to play with balls. You can literally play fetch with my son! And there's nothing cuter than watching his chubby cheeks bounce as he runs after the ball. So adorable! He is also quite good at throwing balls (I think his father would even call him a natural!). We have a rule that you can't play catch with Mommy while she is nursing the baby. But of course, being a typical one year old, Micah often forgets this rule.

This past Wednesday, I was nursing Benjamin. Micah approaches with one of his bounciest, and of course hardest, balls and beginning to "wind up". Curtis quickly redirects Micah into the kitchen, where Micah throws the ball to Curtis, who deflects the ball right into a shelf full of cute little decorations. On of these decorations is a tall bottle of oil and different herbs, which falls onto our tile, breaking into tiny pieces as oil run all over the kitchen floor.

A boy accident. The boys weren't being bad, they were just being boys. But, as a result, Micah and Elizabeth had some "crib time", Benjamin screamed his head off in the bouncy seat, and Curtis and I cleaned up a big mess.

But I lived to tell about, what will probably be my first of many, boy accidents.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Yep that is a boy accident. No doubt about it!
Great pic of the Aggies!