Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Month of Thankfulness... Day 6

Add caption
 Election day, 2012.  The news just called the race for presidency, and President Obama has been re-elected.

Today, I'm thankful that even when the outcome of an election didn't go the way I had hoped, that I was still able to vote.

It's so easy to forget that there are women around the world who aren't allowed to vote, simple because they are women.  It's easy to forget that there are countries were democracy doesn't flourish.  I'm thankful for where I live, and the privilege I have to vote.

The above picture is a little election humor for you.  It's amazing to see how many people think one candidate is the hope for our country.  But we're simply voting for a sinner.  God is the only hope for our country.

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Father forgive us... heal our land.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

What a great perspective..."we're just voting for a sinner." Love that.