Sunday, November 04, 2012

Month of Thankfulness... Day 3

16 years ago, which for those of you keeping track was half my life ago, I moved to Texas.  I was not at all happy about the move, and I was more than ready to let anyone around me know how I felt about this hot, miserable state.  If you had told me 16 years ago that I would still be in TX, that I would be happily married to a Texan, and have four little TX babies, I would have been horrified. 

Yet, here I am!  Very thankful for where God has me.

So while I still hate the weather here, today I'm thankful that I have a home in Texas, and I'm raising four little Texans alongside my wonderful Texan husband.  I'm thankful that God's plans are so rich and full.  I'm thankful that he just smiled at my teenage angst, and kept me on the road to his perfect plan for my life.

(I think somewhere deep inside, my 16 year old self is freaking out about all this.....)

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I remember that 16 year old! I'm sure glad she HAD to move to Texas!