Thursday, November 29, 2012

Month of Thankfulness... Day 28

I'm thankful for my "original" family


 My sister Megan, her husband Matt, and their two sweet boys Jeremiah and Ephram.
 My sister Shannon.
And my parents.

It's hard not having family right here in the same town.  And this year, it's been hard to be away from them.  But each of the people above have blessed me with their presence during the challenging times, but also in the blessed times.  Sometimes their presence has been physical, and they've gotten in a car, or on a plane, to come help us.  Sometimes their presence has been in prayer, as they prayed earnestly over my family, when I was struggling too much to know how to pray.  Sometimes it's been through a phone conversation, when I can laugh or cry, and receive love and encouragment.  Sometimes it's been through the internet... a Facebook comment or picture that made my laugh, a quick moment to chat, a Skype call to make me feel close, and e-mail with a bible verse.

All these things have meant so much to my family and I as we've faced this challenging year.

But I'm also thankful that they've been there during the happy times!  Knowing that my sisters and parents desire to be with us during whatever we have going on, is a tremendous joy and blessing.  I'm so thankful that despite the miles that have separated us over the past few year, our relationships are stronger than ever!

No comments: