Monday, November 26, 2012

Month of Thankfulness... Day 26

I'm thankful for Elizabeth/Missy/Sissy/Liz.

I'm thankful that I was able to witness her testimony, as she recited her life verse.  Despite the crappy road she's been on this year, she stood and said, 
"Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him    and show him my salvation.”  Psalm 91:14-16
 
I'm thankful she still has childlike faith.
I'm thankful that even though I've seen her question God's plan for her, she still trusts him.  She told me a few weeks ago, as we were discussing being angry with God, "It's not so bad when you remember that God does everything for a reason."

I'm thankful that though her life story has changed in a horrible way, she is not defined by the events of the past.
 
I'm thankful for the way she sings at the top of her lungs in worship.
 
I'm thankful for how her relationship with her brothers has grown stronger.
 
I'm thankful that she is still comfortable around her Daddy.
 
I'm thankful for the opportunity to see God at work in her life.
 
I'm thankful for her personality... even when it's driving me crazy!
 
Just like I said yesterday, this has been a hard year for all of us.  This year has changed Elizabeth's life.  I've had to watch her grow up in ways that I hate, in ways that an right year old shouldn't have to grow up.  She's seen a dark, sinful, horrible side to this life.  But she's made a profession of faith, declaring that this is not her home, and that she has an eternal hope in Christ.
 
Though I can't yet say I'm thankful for the events that put her on this road, I am thankful for God's presence with her during her times of trouble.  I'm thankful for the way He is continuing to work in her, carrying out her sanctification.  
 
And I'm so thankful that one day, He will wipe away our tears and our faith becomes sight.

No comments: