Thursday, June 10, 2010

Turning 30

I can't believe I forgot to blog about turning 30! So almost a month late, here's my blog about turning 30.

Since I was born in 1980, Curtis threw me a 80's themed party. It was totally rad! I had an amazing chocolate cake, tons of 80's candy, pac man cupcakes, 80's music and a few friends dressed in their 80's finest.
Do you see any of your favorite 80's candy?

Since we had so much going on that month, we chose to have a small party, rather than the normal HUGE Krajca party. It was nice to have just a few friends over and a lot less stressful than preparing for a huge party.
Tom Cruise aka Michael and Curtis
Curtis and I
Christi and I rocking our blue eye shadow
The Ackermans. Even sweet Elliot had on leggings and Strawberry Shortcake.
Tom Cruise again, aka Josh and Hannah.
One awesome dude and one awesome dudette.
Erin and I with our wide necked shirts and side pony tails.

I was not an all anxious about turning 30. And having a few of my close friends around me to celebrate made the day even more memorable.

The weekend after my birthday, my parents and sisters were in town and I got to celebrate again! We had a yummy dinner and cheese cake and I got to open presents. A winning combination.

I've had many people tell me that their 30's were some of the best times in their lives. There are days when 30 doesn't feel so fabulous, but I suspect that has more to do with the four young kiddos in my life and less to do with my actual age.

Looking back on my 20's, I see a lot of growth and change. The year I turned 20 was the year Curtis and I got married. In the past decade I've gotten married, built a marriage, gone through the death of Curtis' mom, graduated from college, been a teacher, made friends, lost friendships, moved five times, bought a house, had four children, been through the loss of a job, and most significantly grown closer to my Savior. I feel like my 20's were a learning decade. I'm hoping my 30's will be a time for me to apply what I've learned and grow.

No comments: