Tuesday, June 29, 2010

That didn't go as planned....

On Thursday afternoon, we are leaving to start our trip up to Wichita. Two years ago, we spent the 4th of July in Wichita with my family and with Matt and Megan. We had a blast!! This year, we decided to do it again. Matt, Megan and Jeremiah are flying into Wichita, and we're loading up our crew and driving. Since this is our first big car trip with Timothy, we're going to take it nice and easy, and stop in OKC on Thursday night, then head to Wichita Friday morning.

We're looking forward to spending some fun time with family over the weekend, then Curtis, Timothy and I will be leaving on Monday. Yep! Just Curtis and I and Timothy!!! The three big kids will be staying for a week in Wichita at Grandma Camp! I know that they will have a wonderful time with their grandparents and Aunt Shannon. And Curtis and I are looking forward to a few things too. We're planning on redoing the kids' bathroom (tile the floor, paint the ceiling, texturize the walls, paint, put up new light fixture)! And when I'm not painting the bathroom, I'm looking forward to taking a nap or two, something that hasn't happened since Valentine's Day!

Since we had so many big plans, our goal was to spend this past weekend working on getting things ready for all the craziness. Instead, I spent it horribly sick. I was diagnosed with herpes zoster (no, this is NOT the STD herpes :-)). Basically, it's the chicken pox virus, which had been dormant, flaring up again and attacking the nerves in the left part of my face. I had a rash, blisters, lips the size of TX, and so much pain. It was excruciating!!!

Now that I'm feeling better, we're in a flurry of activity, trying to get ready for our trip. Doing laundry, making piles, making lists, trying to remember the little things that I'm libel to forget..... that about sums up my day.

Oh, and did I mention that Timothy broke my camera? sigh. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Drive safely. love grmm