Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

Curtis asked me well before my birthday what I was hoping for. He told me he had two ideas; a Remembrance ring from James Avery or a pink laptop. I decided I wanted the rings, since it would last longer than a pink laptop.I went to James Avery to get sized, and make sure I like the rings. What you do with the Remembrance rings is get one for each month you want to remember (I was going to get one ring for each of my kids with their birthstones in it). As I was talking with the consultant, she told me that it was going to be pretty large once I stacked all four rings up. I tried four rings on, and sure enough, she was right! I didn't like it.

Once I got home, I told Curtis that I had changed my mind. He gave me the, "Really? Two weeks before your birthday?"

Curtis suggested that we still get a ring, but rather than getting four rings, get a mother's ring with a stone for each kid. Kinda like this:
I liked it, but wasn't crazy about it. Plus we have some expensive birthstone months in our family!

I checked out James Avery again, and decided that I wanted just a pretty ring from there. I picked out several that I liked, and Curtis picked out several that he liked. It was between these two:

This morning, we went to James Avery and I got the pearl ring. I love it!! It's such a special gift, something that I can hang onto. I told Curtis I imagined sitting around with my grand-kids telling showing them my ring that their Granddad got me for my 30th birthday.

Thank you Curtis for knowing me so well, putting thought and effort into my gift, and getting my something that I really love!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Pretty!

Caroline said...

awwww ....