Thursday, June 17, 2010

One of those afternoons

Whew! I am so glad that Curtis will be home in the next 30 minutes. It's been a whirlwind afternoon, where nothing went as it should. I truly think my kids were conspiring against me and my sanity. I would rejoice in one kid falling asleep, only to have one kids wake up from their nap. There was whining, crying, spanking, poop, more crying, some more spanking and more poop.

But I made it!

These afternoons drain me. I feel tired, unproductive, discouraged, and unprepared to face the evening.

So why blog about it? Why put it out there to always remember?

Because it's days like this that I clearly see God's overflowing of grace in my life. It would be so VERY easy for me to flip out, and totally lose any bit of mommy calm that I posess. I could let the stress overwhelm and frustrate me. But somehow, not by my own doing, I don't lose it. Okay, sometimes I lose. On those days where I try to make it on my own, without relying on the grace given to me, I lose it.

But today wasn't one of those days. Today I'm tired, drained, feeling unproductive, discouraged and feeling unprepared for the evening. And there's no guarantee that tomorrow won't be just as bad. But I know that God has given me the grace to make it through these rough Mommy days.

If you're having one of those days, hang in there! And remember that God gives grace generously.

No comments: