Saturday, June 19, 2010

Elizabeth's birthday party

Today we had Elizabeth's Ballerina birthday party! In my opinion, it was a huge success!

After Elizabeth picked the theme, I started trying to figure out what the birthday girl would wear. I loved the tutu skirts, but after looking at etsy, decided they were out of my price range. But my mom is amazing, and decided a tutu skirt was just what Elizabeth needed. She and my Grandma made this adorable pink skirt for her. Then some friends of mine made her the shirt (check out the button on the side bar to see their business). I love how sweet Elizabeth looks!We had the party at Elizabeth's dance school. We had the use of a studio and an instructor. She taught the girls a dance, played freeze dance with them, let them dress up, and they even got to play with the parachute.
After all the dancing, we headed to the snack room. I was really please with the decorations! My mom found the adorable ballerina place settings on line and also got the party favors (lip gloss, body glitter, a bendy ballerina.....) and I put ribbon around a little pail. I also made a centerpiece.


Rather than doing a cake, we did cupcakes. I made the cupcake toppers. And my genius husband bought candles that spelled out "sweet sixteen" and we spelled out six for her cupcake. So cute!
I think Elizabeth and all her friends had a really fun time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Congrats Kierstyn, Curtis and Maryanne for all the great ideas that made the party so perfect. Elizabeth, you look beautiful. I love your haircut See you soon Love ggrmm

Carissa said...

Happy birthday my sweet friend Elizabeth. See you soon! Ms Carissa.