Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Day at the zoo

Today, we went to the zoo! My kids had never been, so it was a fun day for all. all the kids had on their "zoo shirts", which were coordinating safari shirts.


Elizabeth had a giraffe on her shirt. She was very excited to see the giraffes, especially the baby giraffe. The day got even better when we were able to feed the giraffes! At first, she was very nervous, but after she let Micah give it a try, she was good to go. The funniest part was when the giraffe was looking for more food, and started licking Elizabeth on the neck.


Micah had a rhino on his shirt, which says "Rhino Crossing." Maybe it was because he had been hearing "rhino" all day long, but he was very excited to see the rhinos. Before we left the rhino habitat, he was saying, "nino" and pointing to his shirt. At the end of the day, Grandma took us to the gift shop, and guess what Micah found... a rhino! Micah had a lot of fun at the zoo. I think his least favorite part was feeding the giraffe, who managed to get his lips all the way around Micah's arm.


Benjamin did a very good job. By the end of the trip, he was hot and tired! The most fun he had was hanging out in his Grandma's arms, just taking in all the sights and sounds.





Hopefully, I will be able to upload all the pictures we have soon, and make a slide show. We got some great pictures with Grandma and Aunt Shannon. It was a great day!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

What fun! It looks like you all had a great time. I can't wait to see the slideshow!

ninepoundhammer said...

I'm glad y'all had a good time. Ashlee and I got to feed giraffes on our honeymoon, so I know what fun that would be for kids.

You may have read about my childhood experience at the zoo--I got bitten by a donkey. (But I don't think rhinos bite.)

Anonymous said...

Wow, we went to the zoo today too! I know, "what zoo?". Well, it's the place Michael and I have deamed our local zoo. It has fish, snakes, frogs, gerbils, birds...you know, Petsmart! ;-) Alexis and I had a great time, but we didn't get to feed any animals. We did come home with a snail though. hehe Can't wait to see you scrapbook the zoo!

-Christi

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Giraffes are my favorites too! When I first saw the pic of Benjamin, I thought it was Micah with a shaved head.

rachel said...

We've been to that zoo!