Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin day!

Today was our first annual Pumpkin Day! Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins! It's been a good day!
Here's what you do on Pumpkin Day.
You go to the local pumpkin patch and "pick" pumpkins.




You make tie dye pumpkin shirts. (pictures of children actually wearing their shirts will happen.... eventually)


You make, decorate and eat pumpkin cup cakes (actually, they were chocolate, but we did have pumpkin papers!)


Then everyone gets bathed, and is sound asleep before 8:00.
A good day!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds and looks like a wonderful day! too cute!

Anonymous said...

by the way, the kids clothes all look great. haha. i love the tee shirts...talk about super mom!

Unknown said...

This looks like a great tradition starting for your family...too bad the kids are so reserved.

Love you all,
Grand Daddy

Christi said...

My favorite is Micah's shirt. I really do like the "special touch" he gave it. But I am TERRIFIED of Elizabeth's...it's too scary. ;-) The pumpkin patch pics came out really cute by the way!

Deirdre said...

And another cute Bow by Kiersty! (I'm guessing?)

Kierstyn said...

Aunt D, I am sad to report that I had nothing to do with that bow, except paying the nice people at Wal Mart.

However, to redeem myslef, I made an Aggie bow for Elizabeth, which she will wear in our Aggie family pictures which will be taken later today.

Megan said...

I want to be part of pumpkin day!

Hannah D A said...

Another great idea for pumpkin day is to decorate your pumpkin. We've had some great ones over the years including a clown, a porcupine, Bob the Tomato and R2D2. This is one of our kids' favorite traditions.

Anonymous said...

All my blog addresses disappeared last week so I was in blog deprivation, but Deirdre to the rescue. I just had a great time catching up with are your recent adventures. Glad Micah and Justin are doing better. Have fun on your next MUD day. Will you declare the first Monday, weather premitting, Mud Day. Sounds like fun. Love you all grmm

Beth said...

That looks like the ULTIMATE pumpkin day!