Saturday, October 04, 2008

Prayers

**UPDATE**

Curtis just talked with his Dad, and just is doing well after the surgery. He is awake, breathing on his own, and talking.

On Monday, they will do an MRI to get more info on the tumor, and form a plan of action.

Thank you for your prayers!


Please pray with us for my (step) brother-in-law, Justin. Yesterday he was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

We don't know much at this point, but here's what we do know.

Justin went into the doctor because of persistent, bad, headaches and occasionally blurred vision. He left the doctors, planning on doing some CT scans. Yesterday evening, he went into cardiac arrest. He was revived, and taken to the hospital. When we talked to my father-in-law, Justin was awake, and communicative.

Later yesterday evening, after running the tests, they found the tumor. He was taken quickly to the OR, where the doctors put drains into his brain to relieve the extreme pressure that had built up, causing all the other problems that he was having.

Last night, when we talked to my father-in-law after the surgery, Justin was in ICU, but doing relatively okay. There is still much to be determined, but as of last night the doctor didn't think the tumor was cancer, and was relatively optimistic about a positive outcome.

Please pray for Justin, for his healing. Curtis and I know very well the power of prayer, and we ask that you would join us in praying for Justin.

Please also pray for his wife, Amanda. I can't even imagine the emotions that she is going through. Pray that her faith would be strong, that she would be overwhelmed with peace and grace.

Justin and Amanda have two little boys, Jackson (almost 4) and Carter (16 months). There is lots of family in town to help care for them. My prayer for the boys has been that they would be protected from the fear that is present., and that they would be overwhelmed with love.

Please also keep my father-in-law and his wife (Justin's mom) in your prayers as they minister to Justin and his family.


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'
If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
'Because he loves me,' says the LORD, 'I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91
Justin, Amanda, Jackson and Carter,
You are all in our continuous prayers. We love you all, and are praying for God's strength, peace, and healing.

No comments: