Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My new name

Just a little bit ago, I popped every balloon in this house. The kids had been fighting over them (even though there were about 7) and I decided to make my life that much easier. As excepted, the big kids cried, and cried. Benjamin, looked at them like they were crazy, and tried to blow the balloon up again. When he found out he couldn't he too started crying.

Ignoring them, I went into the kitchen to try to get some work done. Elizabeth came up to me and asked, "So, are you a take-away-mommy now? Cause that's what you did. You took away our balloons!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!!!! i love it...just think of the possibilities...throw-away-mommy, clean-your-plate-mommy, because-i-said-so-mommy, i-don't-hear-whining-mommy. i think it will catch on like mailbu-barbie!

Keep up the good work!

Christi said...

AMEN to "I-don't-hear-whining-mommy"! Or you could be like me and be the "handing-out-spankings-like-candy-mommy". :-) Great story!

Unknown said...

This is just more evidence that you may look like me, but you're really much more like your Mom...otherwise you'd be the as-long-as-I-can-still-watch-the-game-daddy (mommy)

Love you and better luck on your name in the future...
Da

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I've done the exact same thing in the car when GM kept crying about wanting her balloon, hahahahahaha. It's so freeing :).

Hannah D A said...

Oh Kierstyn, this made me laugh!

Steph said...

Thank you so much for your love, prayers and encouragement. I cannot tell you how perfect that hymn is. Thanks for sharing it and taking time to write it all out.

...and I really love the new name! That is priceless. Blessings and thanks- Steph Lee

Sherry said...

Great! Oh the possibilities in this house are endless if this is the new way of naming!! I'm in trouble.