Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Girl time and an early birthday

Last Sunday, after Thomas the Train, my Mom came home with us, to help out during Micah's surgery. My Dad was wandering around Germany that week, so we were able to steal her for the entire week! It was a GREAT week!
Our week started off with a trip to the softball fields for the WPC softball showdown. Curtis really wanted my Mom to be there, and of course, she was. And she even managed to watch and cheer a few times, while helping me chase my kids!
During the rest of the week, Mom made trips to the store with me, took us out to eat so I wouldn't have to cook, watched the kids (a lot), took us to the Bounce, took Elizabeth to ballet and tap, loved and cared for all five of us, and made us wish we had her here all the time!
Another special thing that she did was to give Curtis a little birthday celebration. If you didn't know, Curtis will be turning 30 next week, and even though I'm super excited and think this will be tons of fun, he's kinda dreading it. A lot of that is because he's missing his mom, so having his "extra mom" here made it very special!
Right before Curtis got to open his presents.
After presents, we enjoyed a very yummy steak dinner. It rivaled Outback, it was soooo good! And since no birthday celebration is complete with out a cake..... And Mom, just so you know, we are STILL enjoying that ice cream cake. And a funny story for those of you who know (and love) Curtis. Usually, when we cut this kind of ice cream cake, we cut it like pie. Well, Curtis cut it in a rectangle, which meant I didn't get as much of the chocolate yumminess as I was wanting. When I asked him why he cut it that was he said that he HAD to cut with the lines on the "field" of the cake.
After Curtis blew out his candles, us girls headed out for a fun evening at The Theater Company, seeing Cinderella. The idea of a girls' night was my Mom's idea, and we had so much fun!Mom and Elizabeth getting ready to head in.
Elizabeth and I during one of the intermissions. By the way, intermissions are a very hard concept for a four year old to understand, so we just called them bathroom breaks!

Two of the most beautiful girls I know!
And since, after all, my Mom is SUPER GRANDMA, she and Elizabeth did "projects" on Saturday, right before my Mom left. These projects were completed after my Mom had watched all three kids (Curtis was at work and I was at a baby shower) for the entire morning, including a trip to Mc Donalds.
It was a great week! Mom, we miss you so much, and are thankful for the time you were here.

2 comments:

Jamison said...

Those are GREAT pics of you and Eliz and your mom with her, too!! Glad you had fun...like I always say, mommies make everything better. =)

Amy said...

She is Super Grandma! Wow!

And I'm with Curtis...with those lines, I would have HAD to cut it that way too. Now, if it was lineless, I would have gone with the pie cut.