Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Pajama run and "are you kidding me?!"

Our friends the Ayers and Colemans taught us about Pajama Runs. Here's what we do. We get the kids ready for bed, then start yelling, "Pajama Run!!!! Go, go, go!" This is the signal to the kids to kids to grab shoes and race to the car. Ms. Laura was with us tonight (we did give her a warning that all this would be happening, so I don't think we scared her too much). Usually, we do Sonic. But tonight, Shivers (shaved ice) sounded good. We had a great time! I think it's these little memories that I savor the most, and that the kids enjoy so much!

For some odd reason, I let Elizabeth pick her own flavor. I steered her away from anything too crazy, but somehow didn't steer her towards the clear colors.


She greatly enjoyed her blueberry snow cone!

This next picture is of the book that my kiddos got in their Taco Bell kid's meal. "Todd and the Talking Pinata talk Tolerance"


Are you kidding me?! So, I read it and thought it wasn't too bad. At the end of the book, the pinata is telling Todd, "Tolerance means accepting people who are different from you, and not judging the way they look, or the way they act, or what they believe." I was okay with the first part of that definition. I totally think that we (especially as Christians) need to accept people who are different, and not judge them based on appearance. However, a few red flags went up there at the end. So, needless to say, I won't be reading my children this piece of literary "treasure" (some people's treasure is other people trash!).

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Pajama Runs sound like so much fun!

Sherry said...

Parfaits & now snow cones - I want to be a Krajca!