Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer

Things I don't like about summer
  • I really don't like all the extra laundry. Between a sweaty husband, sweaty kids, messy, dirty kids and towels, I think I have a couple extra loads a week.
  • Since we spend a lot of time outside, the kids get more messy, which means more baths. Neither Curtis or I like doing bath time, unlike some awesome parents we know.
  • All the first that I wash off my children gets stuck in the tub. So I have to clean the tub more. Not to mention the bathroom floor!
  • Even though I've already said I like the hot, I don't like how insanely hot it can get. The kind of hot where you play outside for 15 minutes and have to go back inside to rehydrate. Blah!
  • Summer Hours. What's up with that?!
  • The lack of rain leading to grass watering. I really don't like taking the time to water the grass, not to mention I really don't like how high our water bill can get.
  • The shoe situation. The kids don't want to wear tennis shoes because they have to wear socks and that makes their feet more hot. Totally understand! So they wear sandals of some sort, which come off very easily. Granted, that also means they go on easier.

On to the bright side! Things I do like about summer.

  • VBS (though at the end of VBS, you might not hear that same answer).
  • POOL! I love taking the kids to the pool!
  • Sno-Cones just aren't nearly as good when it's 50 degrees outside.
  • Traveling is expected, allowed, and mostly enjoyed in the summer.
  • Since we live in a college town, and most of the college students leave during the summer, we rarely have to wait to be seated.
  • Summer activities abound! From church activities, to the children's museum, there always seems to be something happening.
  • Though I am turning into more of a planner and organizer, I enjoy the break from constant activities, meetings, things to go to. I even feel more laid back with the kids.

No comments: