Thursday, July 31, 2008

WE are THOSE parents

Yep, Curtis and I are THOSE parents, and Micah is THAT kid.

Tonight while we were at the pool, Micah swallowed a little too much water, choked, and puked in the pool.

I was one of THOSE parents who didn't get her kid out on time (though I really did try) and whose hands were too small to catch the blue puke. Yeah, I'm also one of THOSE parents who bribed her kids at Sam's with blue Icees.

And poor sweet Micah, all the way home kept saying, "I no throw up! I just choke!" And we asked him, "What happened when you choked, Micah?" He rightly responded, "I throw up!" Some how, there just wasn't the connection.

So, Curtis had to be one of THOSE parents who told the life guard what happened.

And we were one of THOSE families who closed the pool for half an hour.

Oh well. On to the next great adventure!

8 comments:

Christi said...

Glad we didn't join y'all tonight. I can hear it now "Sorry we have to leave early Alexis. Your friend Micah just HAD to throw up in the pool!" ;-)

Taylor said...

I love it! :) We have totally been there!

Sherry said...

Yuck! I'm just glad it was you and not me... this time. Sorry that happened - a least it wasn't poo! But blue?! Seriously my friend you need to stay away from those icee's.

Anonymous said...

I remember parents like you when I was a lifeguard. hahahaha, just kidding. Thankfully it wasn't the "other" end if you know what I mean. A little throw up never hurt anybody. :)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Okay, when the story started I thought you were going to say Micah pooped in the pool, so as much as you are frustrated, I'm very relieved! LOL!

Beth said...

Well, it was blue...didn't it just blend into the pool water?

Erin said...

Oh gee! But you know...it could have been worse :)

Megan said...

Hahaha! Too funny.