Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Training #2

Currently, we are going through a season of training with Micah. A friend of mine encouraged me with Elizabeth to not look at your two year old as terrible (you know, the terrible twos) but rather to look at him/her as trainable. I think that perspective has really encouraged me during those "trainable" moments. I also think that so many moms of trainable two year olds look at their child's behavior and say, "Oh well! He's just two. What do you expect?" Rather than just minimizing those moments to random bad behavior, I strive to encourage Micah in obedience.


One area of training that we have been focusing on as of late is potty training. Micah is doing really good! I'm very proud of him. The one area (which happens to be a rather big area....) that we need to work on is when he has pants on. If he's naked, we always goes to the bathroom, and never has accidents. Once has has something on, it's a whole other story. Oh well. I guess I'll just take the good with the bad.

The other big area we may be starting is church training. With Elizabeth, I found that three was the perfect age. So church training Micah really wasn't on our radar. But this Sunday, he really wanted to come with us into church (I think it was mostly that he didn't want to be in nursery). After reading this article, I didn't want to deny my child the opportunity to worship, so into church he came. I won't lie. It was a bit crazy. But he made it through the entire service! I was so proud of him! Sure, he didn't do great, he forgot to whisper, he crawled under the pews a couple of times, he kept trying to tell Mr. Andrew "HI!", he asked a lot of questions, and tried to grab some communion bread as it went past. But it was so neat to have the two big kids in church with us. What a joy it is to worship together as a family!!


Training #2 has been much different that #1. I think the biggest thing that has impacted us is the fact that we are still working with Elizabeth. So even though I have a little bit clearer of an idea of how and what I want to do, it's a little more challenging since I can't devote 100% of my efforts to him.



Micah, you are getting to be such a big boy! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of the little boy you are! We are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents, and we cherish these moments and pray that God will use them to grow you into a man who follows HIM!

3 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

Yay for Micah and the Krajca 'rents!

I'm glad you were willing to bring Micah into the worship service. I'd rather hear a few screams and feel a few bumps from the youngest members of our service than to worship without them there!

Is not God's patience with our murmurings and moments of irreverence much greater than what we must bear in a service full of our youngest ones?

Deirdre said...

Keep up the good work! Just remember Elizabeth and Micah are two different children, with different temperments and will react differently to your trainings. As a reminder - look at how you and Shannie respond to the same thing. Anyway - you have great kids - and I'm sure it has a lot to do with great parents!!

Love ya!

Sherry said...

Congrats and keep up the great work!