Monday, July 14, 2008

Wouldn't recommend it!

Last Friday, I took the kids to the park that's right by our house. Would recommend it! Despite everything else that I'll say, it was fun.

Ridding our bike/tricycle/wagon seemed like a good idea. Wouldn't recommend it! Since I was pulling the baby in the wagon, I lost one of my hands and had to catch/push/put shoes back on with only one hand. Made for some pretty fantastic moves on my part though!

Micah wore flip flops, since we couldn't find his sandals with the strap. Wouldn't recommend it! Not only did he have issues ridding his trike, but he also had a hard time keeping the shoe on while playing. If only I was like MacGyver and had duct tape....

Thinking that this whole outing would be a good time killer before Curtis got home from work, we left around 4:45. Wouldn't recommend it! It was H-O-T out there! So hot that the kids couldn't play on anything other than the swings, which was fine except that meant they were sitting in one place, when I wanted them running around getting exhausted, and I was running around getting more hot an exhausted. And on top of that, I was very worried that the kids would get so hot, they would see the nasty, dirty creek as an inviting way to cool off.

All in all, we had a fun time. Curtis was able to join us for a couple minutes. Back up.... would recommend it!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Normally we spend more time getting ready to go to the park, getting to the park and coming home than we actually spend AT the park. In the end I'm tired and ready for a nap and the kids are just cranky and sad that they only got to spend 5 minutes there!

Deirdre said...

But did the kids have on helmets riding to the park?!?