Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Micah's birthday!

It's taken me awhile, but I have finally found some time to blog about Micah's 2nd birthday! Birthdays are a big deal. My Dad always said, "It's like Christmas for one person." You get presents, good food, fun, more food, and an all around good time. Micah woke up telling everyone, "My bir-day, my bir-day, I TWO!"
Just like his first birthday, we were able to spend it with my family in Kansas. We stayed with Grandma and Grand-Daddy and Aunt Shannon spent the night too. Aunt Shannon gave Micah this cute chair. Maybe now he and Elizabeth will get quit fighting over hers!
I was rather impressed by how sweet (for the most part) Elizabeth was. I think she was really just excited to get Micah's birthday out of the way so that it would be closer to her birthday!
After a yummy lunch of pasta, Grandma served cupcakes! I'll be the first to admit that one of the perks of having Micah's birthday at Grandma's house was that she did most of the work! Thanks Grandma!
Micah LOVED being sung to, and LOVED blowing out the candle. It was so much fun that he did it over, and over, and over.
Made for lots of great pictures though! He was so funny, and at one point was holding his forehead and blowing the candle out. It was like he was trying to hold is hair out of his face of something.
Benjamin and Micah, my almost Irish, almost Irish twins!
Mommy and Micah. Awwwww! Wish I had wiped his face off before the picture!

This isn't actually Micah's birthday, but on our way home the following day. We stopped just inside the Texas border, and took pictures next to the Texas sign.
Elizabeth with her "Gig 'em thumb".


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had so much fun!! can't wait to see you again...but i don't have to wait long!

Sherry said...

Great pictures! I love the blowing out the candle picture & the one of Micah with his Momma! :) Happy Birthday big boy - enjoy that new chair, aww relaxing!

ninepoundhammer said...

Where does the time go? He's two already! It seems like just the other day I was holding a tiny--I mean, not too gigantic--little baby Micah with a crick neck!

Happy Birthday, buddy!

Hannah D A said...

Happy Bir-day Micah!

The picture of you and him is great. You look so beautiful, I didn't even notice the dirt on his face. Wait, was he even in the picture?