Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is risen!

How deep the Father's love for us,

how vast beyond all measure,

that He should give His only Son

to make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss;

the Father turns His face away,

as wounds which mar The Chosen One

bring broken souls to glory.


I will not boast in anything,

no gifts, no pow'r, no wisdom;

but I will boast in Jesus Christ,

His death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer.

But this I know with all my heart;

His wounds have paid my ransom.


We sang that song, How Deep the Father's Love for Us, at our Maundy Thursday service. It's one of my favorites, and I found especially poignant at this time of year. Praise God for the gift of salvation through Christ!





Aren't the kids' Easter outfits adorable?! My Mom got them for us, and I love how sweet they look. Thanks momma!


And thanks to Papaw and Memaw for coming down to celebrate Micah's birthday and Easter with us. We had a great time, and really enjoyed your visit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend!! Although I do think Benjamin looks a little disappointed in his pencil!

Kierstyn said...

Lol! I know what you mean abouyt the look on Ben's face. It's like he's thinking, "I can't even feed myself, what amd I supposed to do with a pencile!"

Anonymous said...

or...don't they know I could poke my eye out with this!

Megan said...

They look so cute! Can't wait till I have kids who will get those outfits! Wait, Ben? I thought it was Benjamin. And what pencil??? Going to look at the pictures again...

Sherry said...

A pencil - eeks Athena is way behind! Her Easter basket had puffs and a bunny rabbit, perhaps next year she'll get her first scientific calculator! :)