Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Busy and bad times

March has flown by in a whirl wind of cupcakes, parties, trips, tonsillitis, pink eye, ear infections and Easter festivities. All good things, but all busy thing. That would about sum up our life right now.... good but busy! Tomorrow is no exception. My Mom arrived today, and will be taking me and the kiddos, via Austin, back to Wichita to enjoy a little bit more time with family and to see my sister's art show, which is on Friday. Even though we are very much looking forward to our trip, I am in the middle of packing and not so much enjoying that.

Today we left the house at 9am, and didn't get home till about 2:30. Good day, just busy. So I was desperately trying to get as much packing done as possible, but Mr. Micah Moo wasn't helping much. I anticipated him napping while I worked, yet he thought it would be more fun to go from one crazy adventure to the next. And apparently when Micah gets really, really tried, he gets mischievous (and that's putting it nicely!). Here are a few of the things he did while I was trying to pack. He cracked 18 eggs into the sink and onto the kitchen floor, dumped out a brand new 1/2 gallon of creamer, dumped out the last few cups of milk, climbed the shelf in the pantry, got stuck on said shelf, poured water all over the floor, threw a few fits, and smacked Elizabeth a few times. It was CRAZY! That, is the bad times I referred to in the title.

I keep telling myself what Christi is always telling me, "If your life was any calmer, you would be bored."

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't bring any tired or mischevious kids to my house! I want my sweet and obedient grandchildren!!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

YIKES!! I bet you are exhausted! That is definitely far from boring though, did you get any pictures of his "egg art"??

Megan said...

Sounds like you and Micah had a rough day

Hannah D A said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

I don't know...I think a LITTLE less craziness wouldn't be that bad, would it? Hope you and the kids have a fun time with your family!

Anonymous said...

Yeah boring, but you might have some sanity. ;-) I hope y'all have a good trip!

-Christi

Sherry said...

I hope you have a safe trip. Hopefully the non-sleep today will equate into good naps in the car ride! Trying for a positive spin.
Sherry

Shannie said...

"Egg art" now that's an idea...hum, I wonder how I could fit feminism into that.

Elizabeth said...

You have me quaking in my boots...I'm beginning to think Caleb might bring similar "excitement" into our home.