Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Answers

Almost a week ago, I posted asking any of my blog readers to ask me some questions so I had something to blog about. Well several of you came through!! If you've come up with a question, or blog topic, that you think would be interesting, let me know! I had fun, and would like to do it again.

Now, on to the answers!

Rachel B. asked: When you first met Curtis, did you think, "This man is the father of my future children," or not? If not, what did you think?

I actually don't remember the first time I met Curtis. I know it was the summer of '96 at Sunday school. I was 16, he was almost 18. Thankfully, God grew us both A LOT in the two years from when we met till the time we started our courtship. When we began our courtship, I knew he was someone I could see myself marrying so by default, the father of my children. So the short answer is, no I didn't think that Curtis would be the father of my children when we met. I thought he was a jerk. :-) But I'm thankful for grace, and for how God grew us and changed us.

Rachel B also asked: If you could tell the woman you were when you met him anything in the world, what would you say to yourself?



I actually did a blog awhile back about this. Check it out here.


My witty friend, Kristy, asked: Did you know that Sonic has the best drinks?


YES! I sure did!


A little background on that question. Kristy was my roommate in college, and we lived very close to a sonic. I don't even remember how it started, but we would randomly ask each other, "Did you know Sonic has the best drinks?" Good memories, Kristy, good memories.....


Jordan King, a sweet student in our co-op asked: What is the one of the sweetest things your children have done?


Hands down sweetest thing that my children have done is when I see that they are learning and growing in the Lord. The first time the say the Lord's Prayer on their own, singing the Doxology as loud as possible at church, acting out Bible stories, their sweet innocent prayers...... they melt my heart!


I love this question! Thanks for asking, Carissa: Looking at their personalities now, what occupations can you imagine your children having when they are grown?


Elizabeth: Singing, Dancing, Boss of the World.
Micah: A knight or an inventor
Benjamin: TV anchor or Politician
Timothy: Profession Eater/Momma's Boy

Sherry asked for a prediction:Which of your children will be the tallest and will they all be as tall as you and Curtis?

I think Micah will be our tallest. And yes, I think he will be taller than Curtis and I. I also think Elizabeth will be as tall as I am. I think Benjamin and Timothy will be tall, but not crazy tall.

My Da asked several questions, but I'll just tackle one for now: Why is it important to know how to ride a bike?

A life lesson can be learned behind the handle bars of the bike. Sometimes learning something hurts, but in the end, it really can be fun! I think it's important for kids to see in a tangible way that they can put forth the effort, even when it's hard and often painful, and get good results.

Momma asked: why are you so tall?

Because God loves me more than all the short people. :-) And good genes!

Even though she didn't leave a technical question, I wanted to give a big "HI!!!!" to Ms. Mary Ellen King! Ms. Mary Ellen is just about as sweet as they come! I love that she reads this blog. She said, "Love your blog!!!! How you have time I'll never know...." It's funny, because I get this comment a lot. And even though my life is a tad bit busy at the momment, I make time to blog because I love to blog! I really enjoy reading back over old blog, seeing pictures, reliving the good and the bad. It also helps me remember events for when I'm scrapbooking, which is my other hobby.

That was fun! Feel free to comment with more questions if you have any. It could be fun to do this again!

3 comments:

Carissa said...

For the record: God loves me even though I'm short! ;-)

I love the answers...I can SO see Benjamin as a TV anchor! Also....isn't Elizabeth already the boss of the world?

Caroline said...

So, does this mean I can't send Gideon over with his headful of questions for your blog inspiration?

Sherry said...

Elizabeth and Athena will be the first female president & vice president - it will be a toss up who is the "boss" of the world there! :) Give A a few years and she'll go toe to toe with your sweet girl. ha ha!