Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good Answer

Many times when I run into a stranger and they either see how many children I have, or I tell them how many children I have, I got annoying responses. "Wow! You must have your hands full!" "Do you ever get any sleep?" "Are they all yours?" "You know what causes that, right?" Oh, I could go on!

This evening, just Timothy and I ran into Wal Mart. He was being a sweet baby, cooing at the big, bright lights. He was irresistible! While picking out strawberries, Timothy and I struck up a conversation with a woman who was also picking out berries. We chatted about how nice these strawberries were, especially for being on sale. She cooed back at Timothy. In the process of our conversation, it came up that Timothy was the youngest of four, and one of three boys.

"God bless you!" the Strawberry Lady told me.

I smiled, thinking I was about to hear one of the annoying sayings that I seem to attract.

But instead, the Strawberry Lady paused, smiled, looked at me and said, "Actually, HE already has blessed you."

I was so touch and encouraged. And I couldn't agree with her more. I am richly blessed.

Oh, and here's what Timothy and I bought at Wal Mart. Care to guess what I'm making tomorrow??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strawberry jelly YUM! Have Fun and enjoy. Wasn't Berry Lady so sweet and so right. Love

Megan said...

That's so encouraging! Looks yummy. How did it going making jelly?