Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter picture

This year, we stayed home and spent Easter with our church family. I love our church, and the people in it. Though I miss being with our families, I'm thankful for our church family which has been like family to us.

Easter Sunday we got up, enjoyed a fairly quiet morning. After getting the kids dressed in their Easter outfits, we did Easter baskets. This year, the Easter bunny was a slacker and just bought what candy could be found at HEB. Thank goodness that's not what Easter's about!

We headed to church where we celebrated our Savior's victory over death and worshipped our risen Lord.

We joined the Findley and Haileys for lunch and an egg hunt. It was a really wonderful day that lasted into the evening.

The following song is one of my favorites, and perfect for the Easter holiday I hope your family had a blessed Easter!

I will glory in my Redeemer
Whose priceless blood has ransomed me
Mine was the sin that drove the bitter nails
And hung Him on that judgment tree
I will glory in my Redeemer
Who crushed the power of sin and death
My only Savior before the Holy Judge
The Lamb Who is my righteousness
The Lamb Who is my righteousness I will glory in my Redeemer
My life He bought, my love He owns
I have no longings for another
I’m satisfied in Him alone
I will glory in my Redeemer
His faithfulness my standing place
Though foes are mighty and rush upon me
My feet are firm, held by His grace
My feet are firm, held by His grace
I will glory in my Redeemer
Who carries me on eagle's wings
He crowns my life with loving kindness
His triumph song I'll ever sing
I will glory in my Redeemer
Who waits for me at gates of gold
And when He calls me it will be paradise
His face forever to behold
His face forever to behold
His face forever to behold

1 comment:

momma said...

Beautiful pics!! Micah in his tie...very handsome. Benjamin with his wonderful smile. Timothy adorable and getting so big!! and Elizabeth great smile while holding a brother, 2 baskets and wearing a bow as big as her head...such talent!!