Monday, October 12, 2009

More on baby Timothy

After our ultrasound, we were given a DVD of little Timothy in action. I have some great moments of him trying to suck him thumb, playing with his feet, and trying really hard to get away from the tech. I'm trying to get the footage uploaded to share, but it's just not working so far.

Until then, I thought I'd share (more for my own memory when I someday work on his baby album) a few little things about Timothy.
  • Timothy has the strongest kick of all my babies. Benjamin was my most active baby. Micah was so big that all I remember is how much it hurt when he moved. From what I remember of Elizabeth's pregnancy, she was pretty mellow, and was quite content to snuggle under her daddy's hand.
  • Timothy's due date is March 1st (based on my calculations) and March 4th (by the doctor's calculations) and February 21st (by the u/s tech's calculations, which are based on size). I'm hoping he will be born on 2-22-10 because that's a nice even number.
  • Though he is measuring big, it's not "too" big. (Too big is 2 or more weeks bigger than your due date.) And since we're having a scheduled c-sec, it doesn't bother me too much if he is big. I would like to not be miserable in the last few weeks of pregnancy though.
  • We are not planning on calling Timothy TJ, Tim, or Timmy. We'll call him Timothy, just like we call Benjamin by his full name. However, we do know that it will probably be shortened at some point, and that's a-ok by us!
  • Based on his measurements during the ultrasound, Timothy weighs apx. 15 ounces. At 19 weeks, a baby usually weighs about 9 ounces.
  • During the ultrasound, Timothy had his hands and arms over his face, and his legs crossed. I was afraid that he would be trouble, but we were able to get the "money shot" determining he was a boy. And the ultrasound tech was able to get a couple profile pictures by taking the picture from the opposite side of where he face was. Doesn't this little boy know how much this family loves taking pictures??

Timothy's brothers and sister are really starting to get excited about his arrival. Between being able to call him by name, and all the baby things we've been able to purchase, Timothy's arrival is starting to become more of a reality. We feel so blessed to be adding him to our family!

2 comments:

momma said...

i can't wait to meet him in person!!!

Megan said...

How do you know he has the strongest kick? Can you feel him alrady??