Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The boys on their new brother

Benjamin was staring at my belly. I asked him if he wanted to try to feel Timothy. He nodded his head enthusiastically, so I put his hand on my belly. To encourage Timothy to move, I pushed down on Benjamin's hand. In a very worried voice, he told me, "Stop! You squish her!" I reminded him that Timothy was a boy, a him, not a her. "He not girl. He not boy. He's Timothy!"
*****************************
Micah wasn't able to go to Covenant Kids, so he and I took a trip to Wal Mart. On the way out our conversation went something like this:
Micah: Is Timothy a boy name?
Me: Yes.
Micah: We should name him AnneMarie.
Me: I like the name Timothy! And AnneMarie is a girl name.
Micah: I know, maybe if we name his AnneMarie, he'll turn into a girl.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Micah cracks me up!