Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Festival

Every year for Halloween, we go to the Reformation Day Celebration at church. This year, it's a day early, which means it's tonight! Excitement is running high in our home today, as the kids prepare their costumes. Elizabeth is for sure going to be a fairy ballerina. Micah's for sure going to be a policeman. And I'm for sure that I want Benjamin to wear a flight suit and be an "airplane man".
This year, I've decided to chill out and not tell the kids what they were going to be. In the past, I've picked themes, and make sure all the kids coordinate. Here's a look back at our previous Fall Festivals. 2004, We went as the Flinstones, and our friends the Achesons went as the Rubbles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it in my Wilma costume. But look at how cute Pebbles is!
2005, I was pregnant with Micah and Elizabeth was a sweet little sweet 16 month old. Since Curtis and I were expecting, we thought it would be funny to go as rabbits. When we moved into our first house the week before Halloween, that plan fell trough. But we did have a little pink bunny!

2007, We had a ladybug and a bumble bee. That year was a HOT year, and I thought my children were going to melt in their costumes! That was the year we should have all gone as rabbits. I was pregnant with Benjamin!
2007 was a ZOO of a year!!!!
So Micah was my little monkey, Benjamin was my little lion, and Elizabeth was a giraffe.
I think my favorite year was last year when I had:
a knight
a princess

and a dragon!

Next year, I'm going back to a theme!! I have two ideas of what to do with my FOUR (!!!!!) children. Dorothy, the tinman, the scarecrow and the lion. Or Goldilocks and the three bears. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

One year when we had just the three girls, Rachel made costumes for us and I went as the Big Bad Wolf and the three girls went as little pigs. It was fun but that wolf costume was hot.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Goldilocks and the three bears sounds PRECIOUS! Go to www.thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com to see some precious quads as dorothy, the tin man, scarecrow and the cowardly lion. It might give you an idea!

Carissa said...

I vote for Dorothy and her entougage...Elizabeth should have Timothy trained by then!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Dorothy etc. I think that would be precious. If you need some sewing, I'll volunteer. Love you all