Friday, September 25, 2009

What a wake up call!

I love my boys, I love my boys, I love my boys..... even at 3:30am, when Benjamin wakes me up by pouring cold water on me..... I love my boys, I love my boys, I love my boys..... even when they keep me up for two hours in the middle of the night,..... I love my boys, I love my boys.... even when they leave the milk out in the middle of the night..... I love my boys, I love my boys.

Interested in the rest of the story? Read on!

This morning, at 3:30am, I woke up to Benjamin spilling a very large, very wet, very cold, glass of water on me and the bed. I jumped out of bed exclaiming, "Water!! Water!! Child!!" Curtis promptly jumped out of bed, trying to figure out what was going on. I turn to see Benjamin standing there with a cup saying, "I dirsty!"

I peeled off my soaking wet clothes while Curtis assess the damage. Then I turn my attention to the cause of such excitement. I start questioning Benjamin, while Curtis goes to get another sheet for the bed. When Curtis gets back, he announces that Micah and Benjamin were both up, watching TV. While I deal with the boys, Curtis makes the bed.

Needless to say, it took a bit of time for us all to calm down enough to sleep. And just as we were all going to sleep, Elizabeth woke up. Thankfully she didn't spill water on us or cause any changes of clothes and sheets.

This morning, I woke up, not ready to wake up. When Curtis came in to tell me that the boys had gotten the milk out during the night, I knew the day had potential to be rough. But we made it to soccer at 9, ran a few errands, then had some free lunch at Panda Express. Now, it's time for naps all around!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even a nap for Mommie? ? ? I can not immagine the adrenelin rush, waking to water being poured on me, cold water no doubt, (You know how I love COLD! How did the afternoon go. I can't imagine. You are great. Love you grmm

Beth said...

That story is the best i've heard in a while! Oh you poor people! Ben and i are in stitches!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

That's a rude awakening! I'm so impressed that you made it to soccer at 9am, you must've been exhausted!

Brian, Steph, Jada, Kiva, and Judson said...

what a great story...really! This is one you can tell for years to come. I can't wait to tell Brian!

Deirdre said...

Just catching up on these and this is TOO funny - my favorite part is the "Water! Water! Child!" part.

Love ya!