Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A little pregnancy/life/homeschooling story

After making it through the dreaded first trimester, I'm doing great! The first trimester of this pregnancy has been, hands down, the WORST out of my pregnancies. I was so glad to be through that!

I am now 15 weeks pregnancy, and other than misplacing my energy, I feel great! It's so nice to be able to enjoy food again.

Yesterday was our first day of co-op. I had several moms tell me that after a morning of co-op, they don't do any other school. That sounded good to me! But I was planning on doing some school with Elizabeth. Wednesday mornings I have bible study, so I wanted to try to stay on track with math and phonics. We got home at 2pm, and I quickly discovered that Elizabeth needed to spend the afternoon training her heart, rather than her mind. It was a rough afternoon for us both!

A little after 4:30, all three kids were up and bouncing off the walls. Super! After sending everyone to the bathroom, getting shoes on, and making sure everyone was clothed (always something I have to be aware of with my two boys!) I sent them outside! At about 5, the power went off. Christi called, and their power was also out. Curtis said there were traffic lights out all over town. After listening to the radio, we all realized that it was a wide spread power outage in College Station.

Now keep in mind that I'm at the fun stage of pregnancy that when I get too hot or too hungry I get cranky and start feeling sick. Curtis, being the very smart man that he is, said, "Let's get out of here!" We inspected the kids, only to find out that they were COVERED in sand. After quick showers, packing up a few things, we headed to the van with AC that would take us to get food.

We got in the van, and called Laura, who had electricity. We stopped, picked up some Double Dave's and headed out to the country! We enjoyed an evening sitting on the deck, visiting with Laura, watching the kids run round like ferrel children, snuggling sweet baby Elliot, and best of all, drinking limeaids (my current craving).

Once we got the call from our neighbor that there was power, we headed back home to our nice, cool, home. The kids headed to bed, and I started finishing the e-mailing that I had started when we lost power.

By 9:30, I was ready for bed. By 10, I was in bed, sounds asleep.

Then this little baby of our, at 3:40, decided it was breakfast time. Which is why I'm now up. After some cereal and a glass of water, I'm feeling down right perky! I am now assuming that 4am stole my energy. All I need to do is wake up at 4am every day, and I will be back in action!

Since I was up, I decided to check Baby Center to see how big the baby is. The kids love knowing what fruit they can compare their brother or sister to! By the way, the baby is the size of an apple. In case you were wondering.

While on Baby Center I find this statement about life at 15 weeks pregnant.
"Getting some exercise can boost your energy and help you sleep better during pregnancy."
Imagine that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on baby girl! We want Anna Marie (right?).

Love from Montreal!

Kierstyn said...

AnneMarie. And all the boys in my family seem to think that a girl is on the way. We'll see....