Sunday, September 06, 2009

A new do

This afternoon, I heard the words that I knew I would hear at some point.

"Mommy. Micah cut my hair."

I turned around to see Elizabeth holding a 7 in. chunk on hair. She was remarkably calm, a sign that I shouldn't take this at face value.

"Where did he cut the hair from," I inquired.

"My pony tail."


Sure enough!
I called Micah in, and he walked in holding a pair of scissors and a very guilty expression.
"Did you cut Elizabeth's hair?"
"Yes."
"What do you cut with scissors?"
"Paper."
"So, why did you cut your sister's hair?"
"She told me to."
I turned to look at Elizabeth, who was now wearing the guilty expression.
She confirmed Micah's story, and added that she didn't really think he would do it.
The shocking thing was that there were still no tears. I took her into the bathroom, took down her pony tail, and told her that we were going to go get her hair cut. When she realized how short it was going to be, she started crying.
In the midst of very busy afternoon, I took her in, and got her hair bobbed. It really looks super cute!

And clearly there's no love lost between these two!
And for the record, both kids got in trouble. Elizabeth got in trouble to telling Micah to do something he shouldn't (something we've been dealing with) and Micah got in trouble for doing something he knew was wrong.
Another day, another lesson learned.
Hopefully.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call home schooling!

Lindsay Newcomer said...

I love it! She is the chic-est (?) kindergartner I know.