Thursday, August 07, 2008

Our Week with Aunt Shannon

Late Monday night, my sister Shannon came into town. We were all very excited to get to see her, and spend some time with her.

Tuesday morning, she joined Micah, Elizabeth and I at the movies, and we saw Over the Hedge. It was a really fun time, and I was very thankful to have Shannon's extra set of hands. Micah was in and out of the bathroom three times! But that pull up stayed dry!!

Tuesday evening we went out for dinner with money that Mom had sent. It was so fun, so good, and a very big deal! As those of you with a high young child to adult ratio can attest to, going out to eat at a "real restaurant" isn't always a good idea. In fact, I don't think Curtis and I have ever done it alone! So armed with Super Aunt, we went to Ninfa's.
Keeping the kids busy with crayons.
This picture cracks me up! Those are two crazy boys!
So sweet!

My daughter who wouldn't sit still, and my beautiful sister.
Again, another crazy picture. Shannon was trying to get Elizabeth to take one good, sweet, picture by first taking a bunch of crazy picture. It never quite worked, but it made for some funny pictures!
Benjamin loved the queso! The above picture is of him drinking the queso!

Yesterday we ran errands in the morning. Shannon is very healthy with what she eats, but has a hard time finding good, organic food in Wichita. We made a trip to HEB so she could stock up on some healthy yummies. As we were leaving, Micah's balloon blew away. At that point, there was NO WAY I was chasing it, so I just let it blow, and told Micah that Benjamin would be happy to share his balloon. Suddenly, Micah is crying harder, and Elizabeth is screaming, "Hey!!! Hey you!!!! That's my brother's balloon!!" I turn around to see some random guy walking off with Micah's balloon. Elizabeth is ready to take on this random stranger, and Micah is just beside himself. Shannon and I just laughed! Micah kept asking, "Why that man take my bubba-oon?" We convinced him that the man was going to go give it to another kid, and I ran back into the store to get another balloon.



My Mom sent a ton of goodies down with Shannon. One of the things that she had picked up was new goggles for the kids. They are AWESOME! The kids' old goggles didn't fit the boy, and Elizabeth's were always getting foggy. Last night, Elizabeth swam, and swam, and never needed to fix them! Curtis even tried them on......
...but he freaked us out and I told him he wasn't allowed to wear them any more!

Shannon leaves on Saturday morning. And even though we will be very sad to see her go home, we are very excited that Papaw and Memaw are coming Saturday afternoon!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor benjamin didn't get to go eat. it looks like you are having a great time.

momma

Kierstyn said...

Opps! Pictures have been added... don't know how I forgot!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was because you got in such a hurry to post the "crazy-eyed" Curtis picture, but I imagine it was actually because you had to go be Super Mommy once again.

Thanks for continuing to post pics of the kids and events at home. I enjoy "seeing" what is going on while I am at work. I love you.

Christi said...

That picture of Curtis is going to give me nightmares! Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

there's sweet benjamin.

and i would comment on the pic of curtis, but really what could i say!

Beth said...

Sounds and looks like ya'll had a great week! We missed you at Bible study.

Sherry said...

wow wow wow! thanks for all the posts, looks like a blast was had by all. for foggy goggles, spit in them, smear it around and they'll stay fog free... hey it's disgusting, but it does work.