Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Fall

Maybe it's because I'm a teacher. Maybe it's because I crave the busyness of this time of year. Who knows, but I love this time of year!! With the new school year starting, with the hope of a break from the heat, with holiday plans already taking shape, we have been getting ready for our fall!

Here's what each of us will be up to this fall.

Curtis has gotten a part time job at Academy, working 15 hours a week. We decided to do this for several reasons, the most exciting of which is that it will allow us to get ready for him to return to school in the spring!! Curtis is half way through his master's degree program, but took time off when we started having all these babies! He only has three semesters left and I think he is very excited to finish what he started five years ago. As of right now, he will be going to Prairie View A&M, which is an hour away. Curtis will also continue with his deacon duties at church, and the church softball team. And I think the most exciting part of his fall will be when we celebrate his 30th birthday!

Elizabeth already has a very full schedule too! She will begin tap lessons next week, and the week after tap begins, ballet will start. Tap has been something she's wanted to do for a while now, and I'm excited about where she will be going, and the new opportunity for her. Next Monday, she and I will begin "school". I've been collecting some Pre-K curriculum, and the teacher in my is jumping at the opportunity to start really working with her!

Micah is looking forward to just tagging along with the rest of us in our craziness. He is also hoping that he will be able to finish potty training (the stomach bug that he had a couple weeks ago and the antibiotic induced diarrhea have made that a challenge). And on a side note, he is still doing GREAT in church with us! What a blessing it has been to have two of my children in worship! I think Micah's main goal for this fall will be to find an answer his favorite question.... "Why?"

Benjamin is excited about a much calmer time in his little life. Now that we're not going to Austin all the time, he's been able to get on a little more of a routine. He is trying to go to one nap a day, which I love!! He's also becoming much more animated and very comical! And we're at the fun point where he's learning to say more words, as well as learning many animal sounds. He is a true delight!

You can kinda see how my fall is going to be, based on everyones schedule. I'm planning on going back to the school where I used to teach to do some tutoring. I'll only be working about five to seven hours a week. I'm really excited to get back into the school setting! And of course, I'm really excited to start working with Elizabeth in our homeschool... which is an entire other post!

So there's our "little" recap of our fall. I'm very excited about all the changes that are taking place!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the Fall too! You've got a lot on your plate but I'm so glad you're blessed with the energy to handle it all! Thanks again for the jello, etc. It came at the perfect time. :)