Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Backfire

This morning, we are getting ready to go to my Young Mom's Bible Study. It's been a bit of a crazy morning, and I felt like I wasn't paying much attention to the kids.... just throwing their food at them, bathing them, and slapping some clothes on them. After I finished doing Elizabeth's hair we had this conversation, which was my attempt to make her feel special.

Me: Elizabeth, you look so beautiful.
E: Thank you!
Me: Who made you so beautiful.
E: God.
Me: That's right! God made you very beautiful.
E: Yeah, God made me very beautiful, but only made you a little beautiful. God didn't make you as beautiful as me.

And off she went, and I was left thinking, "Gee, that plan really backfired!"

6 comments:

Deirdre said...

Has she seen your baby pictures?!?

Anonymous said...

I am very thankful for both of the beautiful girls in my home, but I am going to have to disagree with Elizabeth on that one. I bet it won't be the last time, either.

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! That's too funny! I'm sure she'll love this story once she's older.

Shannie said...

I laughed so hard at this! And told everyone at school about it too. Has anyone thought to tell Elizabeth that she looks just like you???

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure it completly backfired. It sounds like SHE feels feels very special ;-D

Beth said...

HA HA HA HA HA! TOO funny. :) hey, guess which little girl in my house went to sleep at 6:30 on the couch!