Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happiness for $1

Today, in an effort to keep the kids busy and give Mommy a break, we went to the $1 store. It's the new one in town, and I had heard that there were lots of great things.... groceries, cleaning supplies etc.

So with a promise of candy, we headed out. About half way there, Micah fell asleep, followed quickly by Benjamin. Deciding two out of three sleeping children was not what I wanted to deal with at the store, we headed home. Of course Benjamin woke up as soon as we got home, and never went back to sleep (see his blog for details on that). And Micah didn't take a great nap. Getting out of the house was a must at this point!

This $1 store was HUGE! I was very thankful that despite the vast opportunities for nagging, I didn't hear many, "Mommy, I want this!" And when I did hear that, a simple "You don't need that right now" or "Look, you already have a new toy" worked. Thank goodness!

So, here are our $1 store finds.


Micah with his new tool belt, Dr. Elizabeth, and a "Got milk?" onesie for Benjamin. All for a $1!
After almost an hour in the $1 store, we headed to the car for some the promised candy. It was 4:00, and I really didn't want to head home, just to have to got back out to pick up Curtis from work. So we gave Mr. Norval a call, and headed to his Feed and Supply store, to see all his critters. The kids love Mr. Norval, and upon leaving the store, Elizabeth declared it fun, "like the zoo!"
Even though I was planning on a very rough afternoon with three fussy kids, we ended up having a pretty good time. So, head to your local dollar store where you too can buy a little happiness.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Great promo for the $1 store. :) Sadly, I found ours to be less enjoyable but that may have been because my two year old refused to sit in the teeny, tiny cart (Bet Micah liked those huh?) and I was afraid my 16 pounder would tip over the cart without the weight of my two year old. Who knows! Loved the tiny places pics too!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Norval's "zoo" is great for a distraction! I'll have to check out the dollar store. :-)

-Christi