Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baby in a bar

You know the movie Sweet Home Alabama? If so, remember the part where Reese Witherspoon's character walks into the bar in her home town, only to see one of her old friends, who is toting a baby with her. Reese's character says, "Look at you! You have a baby.... in a bar."

Well, that was me and Benjamin tonight.

I had a cavity filled this afternoon. No big deal, but this evening, my jaw has been very sore. So Benjamin and I went in search of something Mommy could eat. The original plan was to just get a milkshake. But after talking to my Mom, I decided to head to Cheddar's where I could get soup and some soft veggies. Of course, to order take out, you have to go to the bar.

Benjamin and I had a lovely evening. And I'm sure my baby and I were quite the sight at the bar.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Yep - that was a funny part! I have vague memories of her discussing being a nursing mother too... I don't suppose you struck up a conversation with anyone :)
So did you chug down some brew while you were there? ha ha!
Couldn't leave a comment about Micah - my computer says it is dangerous. But I don't think so - he's TOO cute! I'll have to keep him away from A.

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Nice. =)

Corrie said...

A margarita probably would have helped a bit with the pain too!
I'm JUST sayin'!