Friday, October 19, 2007

Better late?

I really had been meaning to post this a lot sooner. But life, and the kids, got the better of me this week.

So, for those of you who didn't know, Curtis celebrated his 29th birthday on Monday, the 15th. With work being so busy for him the past couple of weeks, we knew it was going to be a hectic day. But even though we got stuck in a torrential down pour during birthday lunch, and because of said down pour the softball game was cancelled, I think he still had a good day.

At one point during his day at work, someone asked him how old her was turning. He responded, "29." The lady who asked laughed and replied, "No, really. How old are you?" She was convinced that since Curtis had three kids, he had to be older. Curtis just smiled and said, "Yes, I have three kids AND I've been married for almost seven years."

Every year I am blessed to see Curtis change and grow into an even better husband and father. The grace God has shown to Curtis is so evident! The past several years have been very busy ones for us, but there is no one else I would rather go through this crazy thing called life, than Curtis. I love you, Sweetie! Happy birthday!

Even with a screaming baby, he still has a smile!



Awww! Just to explain Curtis' expression, it was about 6am in this picture, and it had been a looong night for Daddy and Mommy! But he still looks like he's having fun, even if he is a bit sleepy.

2 comments:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

PLAGIARISM!

Happy Birthday, Curtis. I enjoyed eating cake with you.

Jamison said...

Lindsay, you crack me up.

Curtis, you are a great husband and dad--you work so hard and I have never heard you complain about helping out. Of course, I'm not at your house all the time, but when I am, you better believe I'm impressed!
Good job and happy birthday.
=)