Tuesday, October 16, 2007

booty

Elizabeth and I were reading a book today, and came across the word "booty". Of course, this particular definition was one referring to treasure or prized possession, rather than anatomy. Elizabeth was a little confused as to why one word would have several meanings. All she knows is the definition from the song, "Shake, shake, shake! Shake, shake, shake! Shake your booty!"

I launched into an explanation, telling her that the word "booty: could also refer to treasure, or something special. For lack of thoughts, I likened booty to her silky (a VERY prized possession).

Her response, "My silky looks like a booty?"

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That is hilarious! Kids are so fun. =)

Shannie said...

I did not teach her that song! I was just a shocked as you the day she sang it for me.

Sherry said...

I tried to post a comment earlier and I got some error message, so I will attempt to recreate my ever so creative comment.
This post cracked me up! That must be the international teach your toddler to sing song - because somebody taught all of my children to sing it AND shake said booty! So Elizabeth sing it and shake it! :)