Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wedding day fall

Minutes before my sister walked down the aisle, I proved myself the graceful sister, yet again.

My Mom had just come into the bride's room to pray with all of us. I walked over to where my sisters were sitting, but there was no place for me to sit and still be close to them. So, I opted for the coffee table right next to their couches.

Let me take a minute to explain that this wasn't an ordinary coffee table. It was a youth table. There was the frame of a real table, with cardboard for the table top. But in a very tricky fashion, the cardboard was covered in fabric.

So, I slowly sit on the coffee table, making sure it was sturdy. Since it didn't give right away, I assumed it would be fine, and sat all the way down. Keep in mind, this is minutes before we all walk down the aisle. I have my hair done, my dress is laying just right, everything is ready! As I sit all the way down, the cardboard gives, and I fall through the middle of the table, landing flat on my back with my feet straight up in the air!

Other than a few bruises, and a sore back , no harm was done. We were even able to put the coffee table back the way we found it.

If you're ever worried about having a boring wedding, just invite the Krajcas!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awww, where's the picture? ;) No tears in the dress, though, that's a relief!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, and one other thing. As I recall, you and your sisters were all at my wedding but I don't remember any similar excitement...maybe that's because you weren't in the wedding party.