Saturday, July 21, 2007

I've got it!


Harry Potter, book 7, went on sale at 12:01 am today. I was in line at 11:30, ready to pick up my book. My equally anxious best friend, Christi, and I went to Wal Mart at 8:00 pm to get our bracelets. These read bracelets insured us a place in line for the book. I felt bad for poor Christi, who is 7 months pregnant, as we stood in line for almost at hour.
But, I know she would say that it was all worth it! Plus, we can add it to our list of good Harry Potter memories, though this one doesn't top my all time favorite of sitting in line to see the third movie, while I was nine months pregnant. the best part was Curtis and Michael trying to get me up once the line started moving.
Good times!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I am sitting comfortably in my living room hoping that the mail comes in a timely fashion today...that is the way us old geezers are getting the book...RA

Sherry said...

Got mine in the mail today too! I guess that is the difference between four kids and three... hee hee - can't wait to read.

Anonymous said...

It would have been SOOO much harder standing in line without you helping me laugh at how dorky we are. ;-) And at least we were able to read the book right away! Love all the Harry Potter memories we have together.

-Christi

Charla (SHar-la) said...

We were at an 89th birthday party for my great uncle and two of my cousins...one is 22, one is 28 had the book and were laying on hay bales reading with rapt attention. It was crazy. It made me kind of want to read the darn things, but I'm not sure it will happen. We'll see. Glad you were able to score one for yourself!

Kristy said...

We got it in the mail Saturday, but being in the boonies, we have a PO Box. I had to time my trip (b/w delivery and noon closing) and remember to get the rest of the mail. I ran into the house "It came, it came!"
Lee and I are reading it aloud, so it has been a great test to my self-control while he's at work. The book is in our car now, because I just don't trust myself...

Andrew said...

And people think I have an unhealthy obsession with Aggie football?