Saturday, July 14, 2007

Save the Raccoon?

If you are a faithful reader of our blog, you will recall a certain incident with a raccoon in our garage (see June 22nd). Since then, we have become increasingly aware of any friendly critters which might happen upon us at night. We have seen the same raccoon a few other times, prompting Curtis to thing about calling Animal Control to get some traps. But who wants to deal with that?

Part of me says, "Yeah, get the dirty nasty creature!!!"

The other part of me remembers a movie I saw as a child (presumably Disney) about a sweet, cuddly, friendly raccoon, who became trapped in a house that was being moved.

Most of me is leaning towards the nasty night creature though. So, I say, "NO! Don't save the raccoon!" Let's get that crazy raccoon! In a nice humane way of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it was Disney! None the less, I agree with your opinion that it has to go...humane is OK, but I could live with either method.

Love you all
Da

Anonymous said...

Okay, You don't know me, and I randomly came across your blogs, but you can always get them to set humane traps. Most animal control services will catch them, watch them for a while to make sure they don't have rabies, and then release them in a better environment. If the raccoons are being very active, especially in the day, they might be infected. And you definitely don't want that around your family!