Friday, February 11, 2011

Furthering the Kingdom

The Krajca family is working to further the Kingdom of Christ, one bunny at a time.
My sister, Shannon, is going to the mission field in about a month. She had the sweet bunny, pictured above, but wasn't going to be able to take him with her to Australia. So we've adopted Jasper the bunny.

He's currently living in Elizabeth and Timothy's room. Elizabeth is the main person to care for him, and she seems to really enjoy having him as "her pet".

Micah and Benjamin are rather indifferent to the fact that we have a bunny, which is why there are no pictures of them with Jasper.

Timothy LOVES Jasper. He gives the bunny hugs, sits in front of the cage "talking" to the bunny. But his favorite game is "Where's Jasper?" Jasper's favorite hiding place is under Elizabeth's bed. When we ask Timothy, "Where's Jasper?" he crawls over to the bed, and lays flat trying to see the bunny.


Curtis and I like to joke that we are Furthering the Kingdom by keeping the bunny. And though I know that's helpful to my sister, that's not the only way we can further the Kingdom. We've also chosen to be monthly supporters of my sister as she heads to Australia with MTW.

If you've been looking for a way to further the Kingdom, I strongly encourage you to head to the MTW website, find my sister (Shannon Johnston, going to Perth, Australia) and look at joining her team and financially supporting her. It doesn't take a lot!! I was always the person who had other things I needed to spend the money on, or just couldn't make it work, or some other valid excuse. But when Curtis and I just decided to do it, it all worked out. It's been exciting to see our children's heart for missions grow as we as a family support Shannon.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Jasper is going to get a lot of love while Shannie's gone.

Unknown said...

That is awesome!! Cindy & I have had TWO pet bunnies during our relationship... They can be a real handful but so much fun!!