Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's not fair!

Earlier this week, a friend of mine introduced me to her infant daughter, who passed away 2 years ago. Her beautiful little girl passed away when she was only nine days old.

Yesterday, I learned that a friend of mine who's been struggling to be come pregnant for years is carrying twins!

Today, I was asked to pray for a family I used to know, who lost their son/grandson at birth.

Talk about a week of highs and lows.....

As I was sharing my sadness with a friend, I found myself saying the words that I know so many of us think. "It's just not fair!!" It's not fair that a mother, father and sister should have to say good bye to a nine day old baby who was so very wanted. It's not fair that my friend had to try for four years to become pregnant. It's not fair that a family should be brought to 39 weeks in a pregnancy, to then lose the baby that they were all aching to meet.

I've shared before how earlier this year, after Timothy's premature birth and cleft lip, I struggled with life not being fair. I felt picked on by God. He has the power and ability to spare me from what I was going through, but he didn't. And though God has brought me through those emotions and feelings, I still sometimes struggle to see the hand of God in the situations that I've seen this week.

Today, as I was getting in the shower to wash the spit up out of my hair, it dawned on me that my life hasn't been fair. It's not fair that I was covered in spit up, while other mothers have empty arms. It's not fair that I got to snuggle with my babies, reading books to them, while other mother weep over the void in their life. It's not fair that I have been blessed with four children and other struggle to have one.

So today's been a reminder that life's not fair. But I have a God who loves me. And he loves my friends who are broken hearted and struggling. I need to be thankful for what I have, and not question the hand of my Father. He works everything out for my good and His glory. This week was also a good reminder that there is little I can do to help, so I need to turn to the Father in prayer.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thanks, Kierstyn. :)