Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A day of firsts

This morning was our first day of co-op. Here are my adorable kiddos, ready to go!Excitement was running high last night as we sharpened penciles, and packed our backpacks. And this morning, that excitment continued as the three big kids wore their backpacks around the house all morning long.

By far, Elizabeth was the most excited about co-op, despite the fact that in her class of 7 she's the only girl. Again. I guess she's just getting used to it, and has accepted this "station" in life.

We left this morning at 8am, ran to the pharmacy, took Curtis to work, then made it to co-op.... ON TIME! I was so proud of my crew!

While I was in the nursery, helping out during third period, one of the moms came in and said, "We're under a tornado warning. We need to get to a safer place!" We rounded up our little group, I grabbed a sleeping Timothy, and headed to a room without windows and outside walls. Thankfully, it was the same room that my three older kids had been taken to. Elizabeth was very unsettled, and was relieved to see me. After the weather calmed down, we headed back to our regular rooms and finished out the day.

After getting good reports from all the teachers, we picked up Curtis and headed to Rosa's for Taco Tuesday! Despite several spilled cups, kids who wouldn't eat, and a bit of whining, we had a great lunch!

We made it home at 1:30, and I snapped this picture at 2:00.
Elizabeth had her first day of dance! I think this is going to be a really great year for her. Rather than being one of the younger kiddos, she is one of the older girls in the class. She has a little more experience than the other girls, and her teacher is awesome!

So we left the house this morning at 8am, got home at 1:30pm, and left again at 2pm. Poor Timothy was falling apart at this point. Every nap he's tried to take had been interrupted by a tornado or being put in the carseat. Being #4 is tough! And as pay back, he pooped out his diaper. I discovered this after dance, while getting everyone out of the car to go into Sam's to get dinner. I quickly decided there was nothing I could do, put a Wal Mart bag under his tooshie and headed home.

The older kids are now playing outside in the rain. Timothy has been bathed and is busy rolling around on the floor. I'm not sure what we'll be doing for dinner, but I am looking forward to a quiet evening after a busy day.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

you are blessing your son in law, Elizabeth being the only girl. She is going to know aaaalll about boys and that will be a good thing when she gets married, dontcha think? :) glad your first day was fun. We had fun hiding in the bathroom too.

Unknown said...

All in a typical Krajca' Day!

Thankfully all turned out well.
Love you all!
Grand Daddy

Anonymous said...

Very busy day! ! but all seemed okay. Noticed the wall color by the front door. Very nice, very good for selling. lol