Sunday, September 05, 2010

And the good times keep comin'

I know weekends like this are rare. And I know that days like this will become less and less. But MAN! GIVE ME A BREAK!

After our crazy day yesterday, we enjoyed a quiet evening. Just what this tired Mommy and Daddy needed. Despite all the craziness, we really had gotten a lot done around the house, and it was nice to just enjoy it. Little did we know that God was carving out some quiet time in preparation for another crazy day.

This morning, Micah woke up with severe ear pain. Benjamin's been sickly for a couple days. So we got everyone ready, and were out the door just before 8am. We stopped on our way to church at the clinic. I ran in with the boys while Curtis made a coffee run. We were able to quickly see the doctor, and discovered that both boys have ear infections. Benjamin's lung sounded iffy, so the doc ordered a chest x-ray.

I was able to run Micah out to the car to Curtis, who then took Elizabeth, Micah and Timothy to Sunday school. He got back to the clinic right as I found out that Benjamin doesn't have pneumonia... yet. But he's well on his way. Curtis, Benjamin and I headed to church.

We enjoyed a wonderful morning with our church family, and a fun fellowship meal afterward. We're having a little down time before kids' choir, and Covenant kids.

I'm thankful that all the things we've dealt with have been minor. But boy am I ready for some peace, quiet and calm!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! ! ! I hope both boys are doing better and that Benjamine's "not yet pneumonia" goes away before getting worse. Enjoy a, hopefully, peace filled day tomorrow and have a good week lol