Friday, May 07, 2010

Room make over

My Mom and I had a plan. She painted half of Elizabeth's pink room a light green. She bought Elizabeth a new comforter and brought her a new bed. We had it all set up. The plan was that when mom came back for Timothy's birth (on February 25th) we would finish putting Elizabeth and Timothy's room together. I was supposed to get Elizabeth's old bed sold so we would have room to make these changes.

Well, as you all know, Timothy arrived a month early.

For the past three months, we've had half pink room, half green room with no crib and no evidence that a baby boy would soon be living in there.

All that changed this week while my mom was here for Timothy's surgery!

Please join me on a tour of Elizabeth and Timothy's room.

Elizabeth's part: (My mom found the comforter on ebay, and the wall decals on line.)

Now on to Timothy's part.


My mom made the bumper! How cute are those little green froggies?!
My mom also made the curtains that tied the theme and colors together.



I'm so please with how cute the room looks! Elizabeth is really excited about her brother moving in with her, which is a huge step from where she was. I really appreciate all the work my mom has done helping me with this project. She always does an amazing job of making Elizabeth feel special, while keeping my taste in mind. Thanks, Mom!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...the two of you really pulled that together well. Looking at the pics, you couldn't tell they were from the same room.

Beautiful...Elizabeth will love it when she wakes up tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

WOW is right! ! The room looks amazing. I can't believe you got all of this done this week. It's not that you didn't have anything else going on! ! ! ! What is the trim on the curtain? It seems to tie the whole decor together. GOOD JOB, GRANDMA.

Anonymous said...

wOW is right. I can't believe you were able to get all this done this week. It is not that you had anything else going on! ! What is the trim on the curtain? I seems to tie in all the designer features of the room. GREAT JOB, GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the repeat

Carissa said...

Looks great! Maryanne...can you come decorate my house???

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Those curtains are SUPER CUTE!!!