Thursday, December 03, 2009

Solo

As you can tell from the picture below, our tree is up!! And what a task it was.

First there was the purchasing of the tree. I ended up going to 4 different stores before I found one. 4 stores, all by myself, and the three kids.

Once we pick out our tree, I had to get it home and set up. It was quite easy to set up! I was starting to think that I liked this whole fake tree thing. Then some of the lights didn't work. I read the directions, did what it said, and no luck. And the most I looked at the tree, the more it started to resemble a Charlie Brown tree.

Thankfully, yesterday morning Curtis was able to fiddle with the lights a little more, and got them working. I did some fluffing, and was pleased with how the tree was shaping up.

Yesterday, all day long, all I heard about was decorating the tree. After nap time, I pulled out some ornaments, and told the kids they could go ahead and start decorating. I turned to the bucket, and when I turned around again all the ornaments I had set out were one the tree! We got those ornaments up in record time! There were ornaments flyin'!!

In 30 minutes, we went from a naked tree, to a beautifully decorated (and re-decorating :-)) tree and had pictures to prove it! What a whirl wind!

So my first solo Christmas tree has turned out well. We sure did miss Curtis though. He's been staying up at work finishing his masters' project. On December 14th, he'll present his project to his committee. On the 15th, he has a final. On the 16th, we're going out on a date!! Graduation will be the 19th. The finish line is in sight, but I think we're all feeling the exhaustion of coming to the end of a long, hard, race. Almost there!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am very proud of you! I know you are going to be so ready for Curtis to be done. Dustin wants to get his MBA, but I told him I wasn't brave enough for him to do that with 4 kids so little. Maybe in a few years he will get to do it. You are amazing holding down the fort during this hectic and chaotic time, but the finish line is in sight.