Friday, December 04, 2009

Micah on sibling love

After having a very frustrating few days of parenting, I sought out the advice and encouragement of "experienced" moms at church. One of the things they encouraged me to do was to remind my children that brothers and sisters are special gifts from God. I loved this idea, and immediately started reminding the kids that they were each others special gifts and that they needed to treat each other like special gifts.

While we were in Kansas for Thanksgiving, Micah started stirring up trouble with his sister. I asked him, "Micah, what is Elizabeth?" I was hoping to hear, "My special gift from God!" so that seize the moment and encourage both of them to be kinder towards each other. However, I didn't get my desired response. When I asked Micah, "What is Elizabeth?" he quickly relied with, "A sinner!!!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes! RL

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, how funny! I love that you record all of these Krajca-isms for us to enjoy. This cracked me up!

In my Bible study this week a mom of a 5-year-old girl and 3 1/2 yo boy was given the very same advice you were given by our Bible study leader. This must be a lesson God wants me to hear and record for the very near future. =)

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I just told Richard and we are both dying laughing! That's a great story!

Lee Nickles said...

That's one of those "true but not helpful" statements

Sherry said...

hilarious!!