Thursday, December 24, 2009

Rejoice!!!

A couple Sundays ago, Pastor Wade preached on John 1, the glory of Christ coming and pitching his tent with us.

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

I love this verse! And this year, I feel like verse 16 is so true for where my family and I are.

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Last Sunday, Pastor Jon preached on why we can rejoice at Christmas. I haven't struggled with celebrating and rejoicing this year. My family is healthy. I haven't lost anyone dear to me this year. We are excitedly preparing for the birth of Timothy. Curtis has graduated and is looking at moving up in his career. Life is great for us right now!

But what if it wasn't? What if one of my children were horribly ill? What if I, like some of my friends, had lost a parent this year? What if Curtis didn't have a job? What if we had faced the loss of a pregnancy, like several of our friends? Could I still rejoice?

YES! Because even in the midst of all things shifting, God is faithful. And as Paul reminds us in 1 Timothy:15, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst."

This Christmas, I am rejoicing. Not in family, jobs, the finishing of a degree, or the birth of a baby. But in my salvation. This Christmas I've been reminded that Jesus came to save sinners. He came to save me.

1 comment:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Great Post, Amen to that!! Merry Christmas!!